The tDS-715i is a Serial-to-Ethernet device server with 2500 VDC isolation. It is designed to add Ethernet and Internet connectivity to any RS-422/RS-485 devices, which eliminates cable length limitation of legacy serial communication. By using the VxComm Driver/Utility, the built-in COM port of tDS-715i can be virtualized to a standard PC COM port in Windows. Users can transparently access or monitor serial devices over Internet/Ethernet without software modification.
The tDS-715i RS-485/RS-422 to Ethernet device server can create a pair-connection application as well as serial-bridge or serial-tunnel, and then route data over TCP/IP between two serial devices. It Is useful when connecting mainframe computers, servers or other serial devices that do not themselves have Ethernet capability. Protocol independence and flexibility of the tDS-715i meets the demands of virtually any network-enabled application.For maximum space savings, the tDS-715i comes in an amazing tiny size that makes it easy to install anywhere, even directly attached to a serial device or embedded into a machine. This RS-485/RS-422 to Ethernet device server features a powerful 32-bit MCU to handle efficient network trafficking. It offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) function using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to be powered by a PoE switch like the NS-205PSE. When there is no PoE switch on site, the tDS-715i accepts power input from DC adapter.
- Incorporates any RS-422/RS-485 serial device with Ethernet networks
- Comes with VxComm Driver for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7
- Supports pair-connection (serial-bridge, serial-tunnel) application
- Powerful 32-bit MCU handles efficient network trafficking
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x 1 (Auto-negotiating, auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicators)
- Redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC jack
- RS-485 direction automatic control
- Supports TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, BOOTP and TFTP protocols
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery
- Easy firmware update via Ethernet
- Built-in tiny Web server for configuration
- Male DB-9 or Terminal block connector for easy wiring
- Tiny form-factor and low power consumption
- RoHS compliant with no Halogen
- Made from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 Level)
- Cost-effective device servers
- Factory Automation
- Building Automation
- Home Automation
- Remote Diagnostics and Management
|Ethernet||10/100 Base-TX, 8-pin RJ-45 x 1,
(Auto-negotiating, Auto-MDI/MDIX, LED indicator)
PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1)
|Self-Tuner||Yes, automatic RS-485 direction control|
|UART||16c550 or compatible|
|ESD Protection||+/-4 kV|
|COM Port Formats|
|Data Bit||7, 8: for COM1 and COM2|
|Parity||None, Even, Odd, Mark, Space|
|Stop Bit||1: for COM1, COM2|
|Baud Rate||115200 bps Max.|
|COM Port Format|
|Baud Rate||115200 bps Max.|
|Data Bit||5, 6, 7, 8|
|Parity||None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space|
|Stop Bit||1, 2|
|Power Input||PoE: IEEE 802.3af, Class 1
DC jack: +12 ~ 48 VDC
|Power Consumption||0.05 A @ 24 VDC|
|Flammability||Fire Retardant Materials (UL94-V0 Level)|
|Operating Temperature||-25°C ~ +75°C (-13°F ~ +167°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-30°C ~ +80°C (-22°F ~ +176°F)|
|Humidity||10 ~ 90% RH, non-condensing|
24V , 0.2A 4.8W Powe...
Unmanaged 5-Port Ind...
Small Industrial Enc...
8 Channel Universal ...
8 Channel Voltage In...