The tDS-715 is a Serial-to-Ethernet device server designed to add Ethernet and Internet connectivity capabilities to any RS-485/RS-422 devices, and to eliminate cable length limitation of traditional serial communication. By using the VxComm Driver/Utility, the built-in COM port of the tDS-715 RS-485/RS-422 to Ethernet device server can be virtualized to a standard PC COM port in Windows. Therefore, users can access or monitor serial devices over Internet/Ethernet without software modification.
The tDS-715 device servers can be used to create a pair-connection application as well as serial-bridge or serial-tunnel, and then route data over TCP/IP between two serial devices. It is useful when connecting mainframe computers, servers or other serial devices that do not themselves have Ethernet capability. Thanks to its protocol independence and flexibility, the tDS-715 meets the demands of virtually any network-enabled application.
For maximum space savings, the tDS-715 is offered in an amazing tiny form-factor that makes it can be easily installed in anywhere, even directly attached to a serial device or embedded into a machine. The TDS-715 features a powerful 32-bit MCU to handle efficient network trafficking. The TDS-715 offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch like the NS-205PSE. When there is no PoE switch on site, the TDS-715 accepts power input from DC adapter.
- Enable any RS-485/RS-422 serial devices with Ethernet capabilities
- VxComm Driver for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7
- Supports pair-connection (serial-bridge, serial-tunnel) application
- Powerful 32-bit MCU handles efficient network trafficking
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x 1 (Auto-negotiating, auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicators)
- Redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC jack
- Automatically RS-485 direction control
- Supports TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, BOOTP and TFTP protocols
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery
- Easy firmware update via Ethernet
- Built-in a tiny Web server for configuration
- Male DB-9 or Terminal block connector for easy wiring
- Tiny form-factor and low power consumption
- RoHS compliant with no Halogen
- Made from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 Level)
- Cost-effective device servers
- Factory, Building and Home Automation
- Remote Diagnostics and Management
10/100 Base-TX, 8-pin RJ-45 x 1, (Auto-negotiating, Auto-MDI/MDIX, LED indicator) PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1)
COM1 (TCP Port: 502)
COM2 (TCP Port: 503)
COM3 (TCP Port: 504)
16c550 or compatible
COM Port Formats
115200 bps Max.
5, 6, 7, 82
None, Odd, Even, Mark, Space
PoE: IEEE 802.3af, Class 1
+12 ~ 48 VDC
0.05 A @ 24 VDC
10-Pin Removable Terminal Block x 1
Fire Retardant Materials (UL94-V0 Level)
-25°C~ +75°C (-13°F ~+ 167°F)
-30°C~ +80°C (-22°F ~ +176°F)
10 ~ 90% RH, non-condensing
24V , 0.2A 4.8W Powe...
Small Industrial Enc...
8 Channel Voltage In...
8 Channel Universal ...
Unmanaged 5-Port Ind...