The MSM-508 is an 8-Port Industrial Ethernet (10/100Base-TX) Layer 2 Managed Switch. MSM-508 supports 10/100 M auto-negotiation feature and auto MDI /MDI-X function. It can automatically switch the transmission speed (10 Mbps or 100 Mbps) for corresponding connections. The Ethernet port connectors are shielded RJ-45. The shielded RJ-45 connectors offer a high reliability Ethernet environment for industrial control and automation.
It can be managed through the RS-232 port via serial console or Ethernet port using telnet or Web browser. In addition, the switch supports a lot of powerful managed functions, such as 802.1Q Tag-based VLAN, Port-based VLAN, 802.1p QoS (Quality of Service), Port Trunking, Spanning Tree, Cable Testing and Port Mirroring. Built-in ICP DAS Cyber-Ring techniques enable multiple switches to be placed into a redundant ring. The switch detects and recovers from a fiber or copper link failure within approximately 50ms – for the majority of applications a seamless process. Modbus/TCP, Modbus/RTU and OPC supported, SCADA application can monitor status of Ethernet port with Modbus or OPC protocol.
MSM-508 provides two power inputs that can be connected simultaneously to live DC power sources. If one of the power inputs fails, the other live source acts as a backup to automatically support the MSM-508's power needs. And, the relay output facility can deliver warning signal while dual power or network link failure.
- Automatic MDI / MDI-X crossover for plug-and-play
- Each port supports both 10/100 Mbps speed auto negotiation
- Store-and-forward architecture
- Full duplex IEEE 802.3x and half duplex backpressure flow control
- 3.2Gbps high performance memory bandwidth
- Frame buffer memory : 1 Mbit
- Integrated look-up engine with dedicated 2048 unicast MAC addresses.
- Redundant Power Inputs +12 ~ +48V DC
Power failure alarm by relay output
- Supports operating temperatures from -40°C ~ +75°C
- DIN rail mount and Screw hole for wall mounting kit.