I-7520 - RS-232 to RS-485 Converter with Din Rail Mount, Isolation site RS-232
RS-232 to RS-485 converter with Din rail mount, auto tuning function, and auto switching baud rate. Supports maximum of 256 devices in a single RS-485 network without using a repeater. Supports operating temperatures between -25°C to 75°C (-13°F ~ 167°F).
The I-7520 is an RS-232 to RS-485 Converter with auto tuning function, auto switching baud rate, and is made of fire retardant materials. Most industrial computer systems provide standard RS-232 serial ports. Though widely accepted, RS-232 has limited transmission speed, communication range, and networking capabilities. The RS-485 standard overcome these limitations by using differential voltage lines for data and control signals, which converts RS-232 signals into isolated RS-485 signals with no need to change any hardware or software. The I-7520 lets you easily build an industrial grade, long-distance communication system using standard PC hardware.
The design of the isolation between the I-7520 and the I-7520R/AR is different. I-7520R/AR are for when users wants to supply power from the PLC/PC; Otherwise the isolation will be broken. Refer to the I-7000 bus converter manual for detailed information.
- Input : RS-232 protocol to female 9 pin connector
- Output : RS-485 protocol (two wire, D+, D-)
- Speed : auto switching baud rate, 300 ~ 115200 bps
- Internal "Self Tuner"
- Maximum of 256 modules. in a single RS-485 network without using a repeater
- Maximum of 2048 modules. in a single RS-485 network when using a repeater
- Isolation voltage: 3000Vdc on the RS-232 side
- Repeater request: 4,000 feet or over 256 modules
- Auto Switching Baud Rate, 300~115200 bps
- 3000 VDC Isolation Protection on the RS-485 side
- Transmission Speed of up to 115200 bps
- ESD Protection for the RS-232/422/485 Data Line
- Power Input of +10 ~ +30 VDC
- Supports Operating Temperatures from -25°C ~ +75°C
- Din Rail Mount
TxD, RxD, GND
2-wire cabling/4-wire cabling
Belden 8941 (2P twisted-pair cable)/Belden 8942 (4P twisted-pair cable), if different cables are used, the transmission distance may change
Max. 1,200 m at 9.6 kbps; Max. 400 m at 115.2 kbps
Max. Devices Supported
256 (Without repeater)
Self-Tuner Asic Inside
300 ~ 115200 bps
3000 VDC Isolated Voltage
On RS-232 side
9-Pin Female D-Sub
Removable 10-Pin Terminal Block
Input Voltage Range
+10 VDC ~ +30 VDC (Non-isolated)
Fire Retardant Materials (UL94-V0 Level)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
72 mm x 118 mm x 35 mm
-25°C ~ +75°C
-30°C ~ +75°C
10 ~ 90% RH, non-condensing
RS-232 to RS-485 Con...
RS-232 to RS-422,RS-...
RS-232 to RS-422,RS-...
Small Industrial Enc...
24V , 0.2A 4.8W Powe...
24V , 1.7A 40.8W Pow...
24V , 1A 24W Power S...