Features“Embedded Internet” and “Embedded Ethernet” are hot topics today. Ethernet protocol is standard for local area networks. Via Internet, connectivity is occurring everywhere, from home appliances to vending machines, to testing equipment, to UPS. Ethernet for networks in industrial area is appealing because the required cabling is already installed. The GW-7433D is a solution that provides a communication transformation between CANopen protocol and Modbus/TCP protocol. It solves a mission-critical problem: connecting an existed CANopen network with Ethernet-base master device as long as this master device supports Modbus/TCP protocol. It enables CANopen networks to be coupled together with the Internet/Ethernet, whereby remote monitoring and controlling is achieved.
For CANopen networks, the GW-7433D Modbus TCP Server / RTU Slave to CANopen Master is a CANopen master device. It supports PDO and SDO functions to communicate with slave devices. From the view of Modbus/TCP networks, GW-7433D plays a Modbus/TCP server role to receive the commands from Modbus/TCP client or to reply the information to Modbus/TCP client. We provide Utility software for users to configure the parameters of CANopen salves or GW-7433D. When GW-7433D boots up, it will collect the necessary information from all slaves which are predefined in the GW-7433D by using Utility. The following figure shows the application architecture for the GW-7433D.
- Programmable standard CANopen baud, such as 10Kbps, 20Kbps, 50Kbps, 125Kbps, 250Kbps, 500Kbps, 800Kbps and 1Mbps.
- Support maximum 50 TxPDO, 50 RxPDO, 15 SDO to SDO server.
- Support communication object: TxPDO, RxPDO, and server SDO.
- Support on-line configure CANopen slaves.
- Communicate with CANopen slaves automatically when GW-7433D boots up.
- Allow 5 Modbus/TCP masters to access GW-7433D simultaneously.
- CANopen Version: DS301 V4,01 .
- Device Profile: DSP-401 v2.0 .
- Control Systems
- Building Automation
- Factory Automation
- Distributed data acquisition
- Add/remove CANopen slaves via Ethernet
- Online getting and setting the CANopen slaves configurations via Ethernet
- Get/Set Modbus/TCP input/output memory address
- Display CANopen I/O mapping table
- Configure the parameters of Ethernet and CAN bus
How Do I Use the Gateway?
- Select proper CANopen slaves for users’ application.
- Use the GW-7433D Utility to link the GW-7433D Module via Ethernet.
- Set the IO parameters of CANopen slave devices into GW-7433D by GW-7433D Utility.
- The GW-7433D module will initialize automatically and implement the GW-7433D in your Modbus/TCP network.
Modbus TCP and RTU Commands Support
|Modbus TCP Command Support|
|01(0x01)||Read Coil Status||Read the ON/OFF status of discrete outputs in the slave|
|02(0x02)||Read Input Status||Read the ON/OFF status of discrete inputs in the slave|
|03(0x03)||Read Holding Registers||Read the binary contents of holding registers in the slaves|
|04(0x04)||Read Input Registers||Read the binary contents of input registers in the slaves|
|05(0x05)||Force Single Coils||Forces one coil in a sequence of coils to either ON or OFF|
|06(0x06)||Preset Single Register||Preset an integer value into a single register.|
|15(0x0F)||Force Multi Coils||Forces each coil in a sequence of coils to either ON or OFF|
|16(0x10)||Preset Multi Registers||Preset value into a sequence of holding registers|
Reference & Support
|CPU||RDC 80186-80 Embedded CPU, or compatible|
|Ethernet port||10/100 Base-T|
|Real Time Clock||Year-2000 compliance; seconds, minutes, hours, date of the month, year, valid up from 1980 to 2079|
|CAN Signal Support||CAN_H, CAN_L|
|Connecter||5-pin screw terminal connecter|
|CAN Controller||Phillips SJA1000T CAN Controller|
|CAN Transceiver||Phillips 82C250 CAN Transceiver|
|LED Directors||MI, CI, ERR|
|Display||7-segment LED: 5 digits|
|Isolated||2500Vrms on CAN side|
|Reauired Supply Voltage||+10 ~ +30VDC|
|Operating Temp||-25°C to 75°C|
|Storage Temp||-40°C to 85°C|
|Himidity||5 ~ 95%|
|Dimensions||122 mm x 72 mm x 33 mm|
24V @ 2.5A & 5V @ 0....
8-channel Voltage In...
Unmanaged 5-Port Ind...
CANopen Embedded Dev...
CANopen to Modbus RT...