The PDS-700 series is a family of Programmable Device Servers, also known as "Serial-to-Ethernet gateway", that are designed for linking RS-232/422/485 devices to an Ethernet network. The user-friendly VxComm Driver/Utility allows users to easily turn the built-in COM ports of the PDS-700 series into standard COM ports on a PC. By virtue of its protocol independence, a small-core OS and high flexibility, the PDS-700 series is able to meet the demands of every network-enabled application.
The PDS-700 series includes a powerful and reliable Xserver programming structure that allows you to design your robust Ethernet applications in one day. The built-in, high-performance MiniOS7 boots the PDS-700 up in just one second and gives you fastest responses.
The PPDS-700-MTCP series features true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch like the NS-205PSE. The PPDS-700-MTCP also works as a Modbus TCP to RTU/ASCII gateway that supports most SCADA/HMI communications based on the Modbus/TCP protocol. The PDSM-700 is the PDS-700 with Metal Case (RoHS) and the PPDSM-700-MTCP is the PPDS-700-MTCP with Metal Case (RoHS). Metal Case version includes stronger protection than PDS-700 and PPDS-700-MTCP.
The PDS(M)-721(D) and PPDS(M)-721(D)-MTCP is equipped with 1 RS-232 port, 1 RS-485 port and DI/DO. The removable on-board terminal block connector is designed for easy and robust wiring in industrial situations.
- Incorporate Serial Devices in an Ethernet network
- "Virtual COM" Extend COM Ports
- Virtual COM on Windows NT 4.0, 2000/XP/2003 and Vista32
- Powerful Programmable Device Server
- Watchdog Timer suitable for use in harsh environments
- Power Reverse Polarity Protection
- Serial Port +/-4 kV ESD Protection Circuit
- Self-Tuner ASIC Controller on the RS-485 Port
- 5-digit LED Display (for versions with a display)
- RoHS Compliant with no Halogen
- Built-in High Performance MiniOS7 from ICP DAS
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 Port
(Auto-negotiating, auto MDI/MDI-X, LED indicator)
- ODM Service Is Available
- Low power consumption
- Palm-Sized with multiple Serial Ports
- Made from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 Level)
- Supports D/I, Latched D/I and Counter Functions
- Supports Modbus TCP to RTU/ASCII Gateway
- Supports PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1)
- Factory Automation
- Building Automation
- Home Automation