The PDS-5105D-MTCP is a family of Programmable Device Servers, also known as "Serial-to-Ethernet gateway", that are designed for linking RS-232/485 devices to an Ethernet network. The user-friendly VxComm Driver/Utility allows users to easily turn the built-in COM ports of the PDS-5105D-MTCP into standard COM ports on a PC. By virtue of its protocol independence, a small-core OS and high flexibility, the PDS-5105D-MTCP is able to meet the demands of every network-enabled application.
The PDS-5105D-MTCP includes a powerful and reliable Xserver programming structure that allows you to design your robust Ethernet applications in one day. The built-in, high-performance MiniOS7 boots the PDS-5105D-MTCP up in just one second and gives you fastest responses.
The PDS-5105D-MTCP also works as a Modbus TCP to RTU/ASCII gateway that supports most SCADA/HMI communications based on the Modbus/TCP protocol.
The PDS-5105D-MTCP is equipped with 1 RS-232/485 port and 9 RS-485 ports. The removable on-board terminal block connector is designed for easy and robust wiring in industrial situations.
The PDS-5105D-MTCP is equipped with a 2-port 10/100Base-Tx Ethernet switch that simplifies network wiring by cascading Ethernet devices. Furthermore, the module features a LAN Bypass function allowing network traffic to be continued between two network segments (Ethernet port1 and port2). In cases where the module is offline due to of software, hardware or power failure, the LAN Bypass function will be automatically activated, and the essential communications on the network can continue operating without interruption.
- Integrates any RS-232/485 serial device in an Ethernet Network
- Virtual COM extends the PC COM ports
- Virtual COM supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/Vista/7/8
- Powerful programmable device server
- Watchdog timer suitable for use in harsh environments
- Power reverse polarity protection
- Serial port +/-2 kV ESD protection circuit
- Self-tuner ASIC controller on the RS-485 port
- RoHS compliant & no halogen
- Built-in high performance MiniOS7 from ICP DAS
- 2-Port 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet Switch with LAN Bypass
- ODM service is available
- Low power consumption
- Factory, Building and Home Automation