The VXC-114 series card provides 4 RS-232 serial ports. It is equipped with a 128-byte hardware FIFO for each port, supports for speed up to 115200 bps and supports full-duplex communication.
Users may specify a COM port number manually by setting DIP switch, or let the driver choose an available number automatically. The driver provides a maximum of 128 KB software FIFO for each COM port under Windows. It's practical for large file transmission.
The data lines of each serial ports on i version VXC cards come with photocouplers design. The on-board photo couplers use a short optical transmission path to transfer a signal between elements of a circuit, and keep the data lines electrically isolated. It can help cutting down on ground loops, common mode voltages and block voltage spikes, provide electrical isolation, and offer significant protection from serious over-voltage conditions in one circuit affecting the other.
In harsh industrial environments, the on-board ESD protection component (for i version) diverts the potentially damaging charge away from sensitive circuit to protects the computer and equipment from the sudden and momentary electric current.
The serial communication card are designed for use with intelligent devices like bar code reader, serial printers, intelligent sensors, instrumentation equipment, computers and almost any device with an RS-232 port.
- Provides 4 RS-232 ports
- 128-byte Hardware FIFO for Each Port
- Built-in COM-Selector
- 128 KB Software Buffer (max.) for Each COM Port Under Windows
- +/-4 kV ESD Protection for i versions
- Short Card Design
- 2500 VDC Isolation for i versions
- Supports 3.3 V/5 V PCI bus, Plug and Play for VXC-114(i)U
- Supports PCI Express x1, Plug and Play for VEX-114(i)
- Windows NT4/2000 drivers for VXC series.
- Drivers for 32-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7
- Drivers for 64-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7
- Industrial Machinery
- Building Automation
- Restaurant Appliances
- Laboratory Equipment & Research
- Industrial Communication