The tGW-715 is a tiny Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU/ASCII gateway that enables a Modbus TCP master to communicate with Modbus RTU/ASCII serial devices through Ethernet network, which eliminates the cable length limitation of serial devices. The tGW-715 tiny Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU/ASCII gateway can be used to create a pair-connection application, serial-bridge or serial-tunnel application. It can route data over TCP/IP between two Modbus RTU/ASCII serial devices, which is useful when connecting mainframe PC's, servers or serial devices that communicate over Modbus RTU/ASCII protocols but do not have Ethernet capability.
The tGW-715 tiny Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway supports DHCP client function, which minimizes configuration errors caused by manual IP address configuration, such as assigning an IP address to more than one computer or device at the same time. The tiny Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway also features a UDP responder that transmits its IP address information in response to a UDP search from the eSearch utility, which provides a more efficient way for local management.
The tGW-715 tiny Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway has a powerful 32-bit microcontroller (MCU) for efficient handling of network traffic. It also has a built-in web server that provides an easy web interface that allows users to modify the configuration of the module on a web page, including the DHCP/Static IP, the gateway/mask settings and the serial port settings. No programming skills are needed and configuration is easy.
The tGW-715 tiny Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway is equipped with a dual watchdog - one CPU watchdog for hardware functions and a host watchdog for software functions. The dual watchdog is an important feature that ensures the reliability of the Modbus gateway, even under harsh environments. The CPU watchdog automatically resets the CPU if the built-in firmware is not operating properly, while the host watchdog automatically resets the CPU if there is no communication between the module and the host PC or PLC for a predefined period of time (system timeout).
The tGW-715 tiny Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch such as the NS-205PSE. In case of no PoE switches on site, the Modbus gateway can also get power input from a DC adapter. The tGW-715 tiny Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway is designed for ultra-low power consumption, which can reduce your hidden energy costs, especially when you have a large number of modules installed.
The tiny Modbus TCP to Modbus RTU gateway is also equipped with a male DB-9 or a removable terminal block connector to allow easy wiring. Thanks to its tiny size, the tGW-715 can save your space and allows easy installation anywhere, even directly embedded in a machine. It also supports automatic RS-485 direction control when sending and receiving data, which improves the stability of the RS-485 communication.
- Cost-effective, low power consumption, space-saving, converts between Modbus TCP and Modbus RTU/ASCII networks
- 1 Ethernet port (10/100 Base-TX), 1 RS-485/RS-422 port
- Supports Modbus TCP masters and slaves
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII masters and slaves
- 32-bit microcontroller (MCU) that efficiently handles network traffic
- Redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC jack (12 ~ 48 VDC)
- Allows automatic RS-485 direction control
- Supports TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, BOOTP and TFTP protocols
- Supports UDP responder for easy device search
- Allows easy firmware update via Ethernet
- Web server for easy configuration
- Male DB-9 or terminal block connector for easy wiring
- RoHS compliant with no Halogen
- Made from fire retardant materials (UL94-V0 Level)
- Factory Automation, Building Automation and Home Automation
- Remote Diagnosis and Management