ICP DAS USA’s tDS-700 series are a Serial-to-Ethernet device server, designed to increase Ethernet and Internet connectivity to any RS-232 and RS-422/485 device and eliminate cable length limitation of legacy serial communication.
By using the VxComm Driver/Utility, the built-in COM port of the tDS-700 series can be used as a standard PC COM port in Windows, allowing users to transparently access or monitor serial devices over the Internet/Ethernet without software modification.
The tDS-700 device servers can be used to create a pair-connection application (as well as serial-bridge or serial-tunnel), routing data over TCP/IP between two serial devices. This is especially useful when connecting mainframe computers, servers or other serial devices that do not have Ethernet capability. By virtue of its protocol independence and flexibility, the tDS-700 meets the demands of virtually any network-enabled application.
DHCP minimizes configuration errors caused by manual IP address configuration, such as address conflicts caused by the assignment of an IP address to more than one computer or device at the same time. The tDS-700 supports the DHCP client function, which allows the tDS-700 to easily obtain the necessary TCP/IP configuration information from a DHCP server. The tDS-700 also contains a UDP responder that transmits its IP address information in response to a UDP search from the VxComm Utility, making local management more efficient.
The tDS-700 features a powerful 32-bit MCU to enable efficient handling of network traffic. It also has a built-in web server that provides an intuitive web management interface to allow users to modify the settings of the module, including DHCP/Static IP, gateway/mask and serial ports.
Based on an amazing tiny form-factor, the tDS-700 achieves the maximum space savings that allows it to be easily installed anywhere, even directly attached to a serial device or embedded into a machine.
- Incorporates any RS-232/422/485 serial device in Ethernet
- Data transmission via Virtual COM or raw TCP connection
- VxComm Driver for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10
- Max. connections : 1 socket per serial port is suggested
- Supports pair-connection (serial-bridge, serial-tunnel) applications
- Supports TCP client-mode and TCP server-mode operations
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery (UDP Search)
- Static IP or DHCP network configuration
- Easy firmware update via the Ethernet (BOOTP, TFTP)
- Tiny Web server for configuration (HTTP)
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that efficiently handles network traffic
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x 1 (Auto-negotiating, auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicators)
- Includes redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC jack
- Allows automatic RS-485 direction control
- 3000 VDC Isolation and +/-4 kV ESD protection for i versions
- Male DB-9 or terminal block connector for easy wiring
- Tiny form-factor and low power consumption
- RoHS compliant & no Halogen
- Cost-effective device servers
- Factory, Building and Home Automation
- Remote Diagnostics and Management