The tDS-725i is a series of Serial-to-Ethernet device servers that are designed to add Ethernet and Internet connectivity to any RS-232 and RS-422/485 device, and to eliminate the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication. By using the VxComm Driver/Utility, the built-in COM port of the tDS-725i series can be virtualized to a standard PC COM port in Windows. Therefore, users can transparently access or monitor serial devices over the Internet/Ethernet without software modification.
The tDS-725i device servers can be used to create a pair-connection application (as well as serial-bridge or serial-tunnel), and can then route data over TCP/IP between two serial devices, which is useful when connecting mainframe computers, servers or other serial devices that do not themselves have Ethernet capability. By virtue of its protocol independence and flexibility, the tDS-725i meets the demands of virtually any network-enabled application.
DHCP minimizes configuration errors caused by manual IP address configuration, such as address conflicts caused by the assignment of an IP address to more than one computer or device at the same time. The tDS-725i supports the DHCP client function, which allows the tDS-725i to easily obtain the necessary TCP/IP configuration information from a DHCP server. The tDS-725i also contains a UDP responder that transmits its IP address information in response to a UDP search from the VxComm Utility, making local management more efficient.
The tDS-725i features a powerful 32-bit MCU to enable efficient handling of network traffic. It also has a built-in web server that provides an intuitive web management interface to allow users to modify the settings of the module, including DHCP/Static IP, gateway/mask and serial ports.
Based on an amazing tiny form-factor, the tDS-725i achieves the maximum space savings that allows it to be easily installed anywhere, even directly attached to a serial device or embedded into a machine.
The tDS-725i series also contains a built-in CPU watchdog, which automatically resets the CPU if the built-in firmware is operating abnormally, or if there is no communication between the tDS-725i and the host for a predefined period of time (system timeout). This is an important feature that ensures the tDS-725i operates continuously, even in harsh environments. In addition, the tDS-725i series (for i version) also adds 2500 VDC isolation and +/-4 kV ESD protection component that diverts the potentially damaging charge away from sensitive circuit to protects the module and equipment from the sudden and momentary electric current.
The tDS-725i offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch such as the NS-205PSE. If there is no PoE switch on site, the tDS-725i will also accept power input from a DC adapter. The tDS-725i is designed for ultra-low power consumption, reducing hidden costs from increasing fuel and electricity prices, especially when you have a huge amount of device servers installed. Reducing the amount of electricity consumed by choosing energy-efficient equipment can have a positive impact on maintaining a green environment.
The tDS-712 is equipped with a male DB-9 connector, while other models are equipped with a removable terminal block connector to allow easy wiring, and also supports automatic RS-485 direction control when sending and receiving data.
- Incorporates any RS-232/422/485 serial device in Ethernet
- Data transmission via Virtual COM or raw TCP connection
- VxComm Driver for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/7/8/10
- Max. connections : 1 socket per serial port is suggested
- Supports pair-connection (serial-bridge, serial-tunnel) applications
- Supports TCP client-mode and TCP server-mode operations
- Supports UDP responder for device discovery (UDP Search)
- Static IP or DHCP network configuration
- Easy firmware update via the Ethernet (BOOTP, TFTP)
- Tiny Web server for configuration (HTTP)
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that efficiently handles network traffic
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x 1 (Auto-negotiating, auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicators)
- Includes redundant power inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC jack
- Allows automatic RS-485 direction control
- 2500 VDC Isolation and +/-4 kV ESD protection for i versions
- Male DB-9 or terminal block connector for easy wiring
- Tiny form-factor and low power consumption
- RoHS compliant & no Halogen
- Cost-effective device servers
- Factory, Building and Home Automation
- Remote Diagnosis and Management