The PISO-725 is a 16-channel digital input/output interface board for PCI bus computers. It can be installed in a 5 V PCI slot and supports true "Plug & Play" to automatically obtain I/O resources. The PISO-725 has a single DB-37 connector, and provides 8 electromechanical relay outputs and 8 isolated/non-isolated digital inputs. The digital inputs can be set to either isolated or non-isolated via a hardware jumper. Each of the digital inputs will generate an interrupt signal if the state is changed, which is very useful when monitoring for contact closures/openings as it is not necessary to continuously poll the inputs. The isolated DI channels use a short optical transmission path to transfer an electronic signal between elements of a circuit and keep them electrically isolated. With 3750 Vrms isolation protection, these DI channels allow the input signals to be completely floated so as to prevent ground loops and isolate the host computer from damaging voltages. Relays are used where it is necessary to control a circuit using a low-power signal (with complete electrical isolation between the control and controlled circuits), or where several circuits must be controlled by one signal. All relays are de-energized (off) while powering-on, and support On/Off status read back. The PISO-725 can be used in various applications, including contact closure, external voltage sensing, load sensing and I/O control.
The PISO-725 supports various OS versions, such as Linux, DOS, Windows 98/NT/2000 and 32/64-bit Windows 7/Vista/XP. DLL and Active X control together with various language sample programs based on Turbo C++, Borland C++, Microsoft C++, Visual C++, Borland Delphi, Borland C++ Builder, Visual Basic, C#.NET, Visual Basic.NET and LabVIEW are provided in order to help users quickly and easily develop their own applications.
- PCI Bus
- State-changed interrupt for all digital inputs
- Jumper selectable isolated or non-isolated digital inputs
- 8 electromechanical relay outputs (Form C x4, Form A x4)
- 3750 Vrms photo-isolation protection
- Supports relay output status read back
- LED to indicate output state
- One DB-37 connector for input and output
- Supports Plug & Play to obtain I/O resources
- No more manually setting of I/O address and IRQ
- Factory automation
- Product test
- Laboratory automation
- DOS Lib and TC/BC/MSC sample program (with source codes)
- DLL and OCX SDK for Windows 95/98/NT/2K.
- DLL and OCX SDK for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/Vista/7.
- VB/VC/Delphi/BCB/VB.NET/C#.NET sample programs with source codes are included.
- LabVIEW toolkit for Windows.
- Driver for Linux and DasyLab
Reference & Support
|Isolation Voltage||3750 Vrms (Using external power)|
|Compatibility||Photo coupler isolated|
|Input Voltage||Logic 0: 0 ~ 1 V
Logic 1: 9 ~ 24 V
|Input Impedance||1.2 KΩ, 1 W|
|Response Speed||4 kHz (Typical)|
|Relay Type||Form C|
|Contact Rating||AC:0.3 A/120 V
DC: 1 A/30 V
|Operate Time||5 ms (typical)|
|Release Time||10 ms (typical)|
|Life||Mechanical: 100,000 ops.(30 V/1 A)|
|Bus Type||5 V PCI, 32-bit, 33 MHz|
|I/O Connector||Female DB37 x 1|
|Dimensions (L x W x D)||150 mm x 110 mm x 22 mm|
|Power Consumption||300 mA @ +5 V|
|Operating Temperature||0 ~ 60 °C|
|Storage Temperature||-20 ~ 70 °C|
|Humidity||5 ~ 85% RH, non-condensing|