The PIO-D24U/D56U card is the new generation product that ICP DAS provides to meet RoHS compliance requirement. The new PIO-D24U/D56U card is designed as a drop-in replacement for the PIO-D24/D56, and users can replace the PIO-D24/D56 by the PIO-D24U/D56U directly without software/driver modification.
The PIO-D24U/D56U universal PCI card supports 3.3 V/5 V PCI bus while the PIO-D24/D56 supports 5 V PCI bus. The PIO-D24/D56/D24U/D56U consists of three 8-bit bi-direction ports. The 8-bit ports are named as port A (PA), port B (PB) and port C (PC) respectively. All ports are configured as inputs upon power-up or reset. In addition, the PIO-D56/D56U provides additional 16-bit digital inputs and 16-bit digital outputs.
The PIO-D24U/D56U also adds a Card ID switch and pull-high/ pull-low resisters for DI on-board. Users can set Card ID and recognize the board by the ID via software when using two or more PIO-D24U/56U cards in one computer. The pull-high/ pull-low resisters allow the DI status to be specified when the DI channels are unconnected; the DI status may remain in high or low status other than floating.
The PIO-D24/D56/D24U/D56U supports various OS such as Linux, DOS, Windows 98/NT/2000 and Windows 32-bit Windows XP/2003/Vista/7. It also provides the DLL and Active X control, and various language sample program in Turbo C++, Borland c++, Microsoft C++, Visual C++, Borland Delphi, Borland C++ Builder, Visual Basic, C#.NET, Visual Basic.NET and LabVIEW to help users to quickly and easily develop their applications.
- Support the +5 V PCI bus for PIO-D24/D56
- Support the +3.3/+5 V PCI bus for PIO-D24U/D56U
- Up to 56/24(PIO-D56/PIO-D24) channels of digital I/O
- Bi-direction programmable I/O ports under software control
- All I/O lines buffered on the board
- Eight-bit groups independently selectable for I/O on 24-bit port
- Double side SMD, short card.
- Connects directly to DB-24PR, DB-24PD, DB-24RD, DB-24PRD, DB-16P8R, DB-24POR, DB-24SSR, DB-24C or any OPTO-22 Compatible daughter boards
- 4 interrupt sources: PC0,PC1,PC2,PC3
- One DB37 connector, two 20-pin headers(only for PIO-D56/D56U)
- Automatically detected by windows 95/98/NT
- No base address or IRQ switches to set
- DIO response time is about 0.77 μs (1.3 MHz max.)
- DOS Lib and TC/BC/MSC sample program (with source codes)
- DLL and OCX SDK for Windows 95/98/NT/2K.
- DLL and OCX SDK for 32-bit Windows XP/2003/Vista and 32-bit Windows 7.
- VB/VC/Delphi/BCB/VB.NET/C#.NET sample programs with source codes are included.
- LabVIEW toolkit for Windows.
- Driver for Linux and DasyLab.