The PCI-TMC12AU and PEX-TMC12A cards are the new generation product that ICP DAS provides to meet RoHS compliance requirement and is designed as completely compatible with the PCI-TMC12A. Users can replace the PCI-TMC12A by the PCI-TMC12AU and PEX-TMC12A directly without software/driver modification.
The PCI-TMC12AU supports both 5 V and 3.3 V PCI bus, while the PEX-TMC12A supports PCI Express bus. They feature twelve 16-bit timers/counters (four 82C54 chips x 3 timers/counters), 16 TTL digital input channels and 16 TTL digital output channels. The two onboard clocks (8 M/1.6 M and 0.8 M/80 K) are jumper selectable and provide a high-resolution clock source for timers/counters. Counters/timers can be used for industrial and laboratory applications such as pulse/event/switch-toggle counting, frequency readings, elapsed time measurement, pulse-width measurement, PWM (pulse-width-modulated) output, and pulse (square wave) and rate generation, etc.
The PCI-TMC12AU and PEX-TMC12A also adds a Card ID switch on board. Users can set Card ID on a board and recognize the board by the ID via software when using two or more PCI-TMC12AU/PEX-TMC12A cards in one computer.
These cards support a variety of operating systems, such as DOS, 32-/64-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/7/8 and Windows 10. ICP DAS also provides a DLL and Active X control for the PCI-TMC12A/TMC12AU, together with sample programs in various languages, including Turbo C++, Borland C++, Visual C++, Borland Delphi, Borland C++ Builder, Visual Basic, C#.NET, Visual Basic.NET and LabVIEW, enabling help users to quickly and easily develop their custom applications.
- Supports the +3.3/+5 V PCI bus for PCI-TMC12AU
- Supports PCI Express x 1 for PEX-TMC12A
- 4 onboard 8254 timer/counter chips
- 12 independent 16-bit timers/counters
- 12 external clock inputs
- 12 external gate control inputs
- 12 timer/counter output channels
- 16-bit timer/counter can be cascaded to create 32/48-bit timer/counter
- Gate input can be either an external signal or the output of a previous timer/counter channel
- Four interrupt sources
- Two internal clock sources
- 16 TTL D/I channels and 16 TTL D/O channels
- Supports Card ID (SMD Switch)
- Supports DO Status Readback
- More flexible interrupt mechanism
- Hardware mechanism for the generation of two starting-clocks
- DOS Lib and TC sample program (source codes included)
- DLL and OCX SDK for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/7/8/10.
- VB/VC/Delphi/BCB/VB.NET/C#.NET/VC.NET/MATLAB sample programs with source codes.
- LabVIEW toolkit for Windows.
- Driver for Linux.