The PEX-P32A32 is the new generation product that ICP DAS provides to meet RoHS compliance requirement. The new PEX-P32A32 is designed as an easy replacement for the PISO-P32A32U without requiring any modification to the software or the driver.
The PISO-P32A32U/P32A32U-5V universal PCI card supports 3.3 V/5 V PCI bus while the PEX-P32A32 supports PCI Express bus. These cards provide 32 optically-isolated Digital Input channels and 32 optically-isolated Digital Output channels, arranged into four isolated banks. Each Digital Output channel includes a PNP transistor and an integral suppression diode for the inductive load. Isolated input channels 0-15 are allocated to Group A, while channels 16-31 are allocated to Group B. Isolated output channels are allocated to Groups C and D. The photocoupler input for the PISO-P32A32U-5V can be powered by either an internal current source or an external power supply, while the input for the PEX-P32A32/PISO-P32A32U operates using an external power supply only.
This interface board is easily installed in any PC. The board interface to field logic signals, eliminating ground-loop problems and isolating the host computer from damaging voltages. The PISO-P32A32U/P32A32U-5V has one 37-pin D-Sub connector and one 40-pin male header. The 40-pin to DB-37 flat-cable is used to fix with the case. The user can connect the digital signal through the second D-Sub connector. Each D-Sub connector contains 16 input channels and 16 output channels.
The PEX-P32A32 and PISO-P32A32U/P32A32U-5V also include an onboard Card ID switch that enables the board to be recognized via software if two or more boards in the same computer.
These cards support various OS versions, such as Linux, DOS, Windows 98/NT/2000 and 32/64-bit Windows 8/7/Vista/XP. DLL and Active X control together with various language sample programs based on Turbo C++, Borland C++, Microsoft C++, Visual C++, Borland Delphi, Borland C++ Builder, Visual Basic, C#.NET, Visual Basic.NET and LabVIEW are provided in order to help users quickly and easily develop their own applications.
- Support the +3.3/+5 V PCI bus for PISO-P32A32U(-5V)
- Support the PCI Express x1 for PEX-P32A32U
- 32 Optically-isolated Digital Input Channels
- 32 Optically-isolated Digital Output Channels (Source, PNP)
- Built-in DC/DC converter with 3000 VDC isolation
- Card ID function
- Four isolated banks
- 3750 Vrms photo-isolation protection
- Output status readback for PEX-P32A32/PISO-P32A32U(-5V) (Version 4.0 or above)
- Factory automation
- Product test
- Laboratory automation
- DOS Lib and TC/BC/MSC sample program (with source codes)
- DLL and OCX SDK for Windows 95/98/NT/2K.
- DLL and OCX SDK for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows XP/2003/2008/7/8/10.
- VB/VC/Delphi/BCB/VB.NET/C#.NET/VC.NET/MATLAB sample programs with source codes.
- LabVIEW toolkit for Windows.
- Driver for Linux.