CAN (Controller Area Network) is a serial bus control protocol especially suited to structure intelligent industry devices networks and build smart automatic control systems. By using I-7530, some programmable RS-232 devices such as PC, I-8411/I-8431/I-8811/I-8831 embedded controllers, can be the master of a CAN network. Therefore, they can control or monitor the CAN devices via the I-7530 module. The I-7530A is designed to unleash the power of CAN bus via RS-232/485/422 communication method. It accurately converts messages between CAN and RS-232/485/422 networks. This module let you to communicate with CAN devices easily from any PC or devices with RS-232/485/422 interface.
Moreover, we expand the functionalities of I-7530A for some special application. In pair connection mode, I-7530A can be used to connect PC with other RS-232/485/422 devices at the same time. The application architecture may be as follows.
3000V isolation on CAN side
The CAN port of I-7530A is an isolated with 3000V isolation. This isolation can protect the local RS-232/485/422 devices from the damage signal coming from CAN network.
The I-7530A Watchdog is a hardware reset circuit to monitor the I-7530A’s operation status. When working in harsh or noisy environment, the I-7530A may be down by the external signal. The circuit may let the I-7530A to work continuously and never halt.
Power and Error indicator display
There are two indicators on the I-7530A.The power indicator can help user to check whether the I-7530A is standby or transmitting/receiving messages. The Error indicator will be turned on when some errors occur on the I-7530A.
- Microprocessor inside with 20MHz
- CAN interface connector: D-Sub 9-pin
- 82C250 CAN transceiver
- Built-in CAN/RS-232/485/422 Converter firmware
- Max transmission speed up to 1M bps for CAN and 115.2K bps for RS-232/485/422
- Software configurable CAN and RS-232/485/422 communication parameters
- Max transmission distance over 1000m (follow CAN specification)
- Support both CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B
- Built-in jumper to select 120 ohm terminal resister
- Mount easily on DIN-rail
- Power, data flow and error indicator for CAN and RS-232/485/422
- Watchdog inside
- Support transparent communication mode
- Provide the transparent communication between the RS-232/485/422 devices via CAN bus.
Enable different RS-232/485/422 devices into an individual group in CAN bus network.
(Full-duplex communication mode of RS-232/422 devices is not supported)
- I-7530A Software Utility Features
- CAN bus Baud rate configuration
- CAN acceptance filter configuration
- CAN 2.0A or 2.0B specific selection
- RS-232/485/422 Baud rate and data bit setting
- RS-232/485/422 responded selection
- Easy test to transmit/receive CAN messages
- Setting for I-7530A communication mode (normal mode or pair connection mode)
- CAN Monitor and Datalog Tool
- It has a CAN message field which can display the receiving CAN messages in Decimal or HEX mode.
- Can display the timestamp of each received CAN message.
- Users can change the display mode, up-down, down-up or stop.
- It can count the number of received CAN messages.
- Data Log : It can save the CAN message as “ txt ” file.
- Has CAN ID filter function.
- Can send CAN message to CAN BUS according the defined interval time.
- Control Systems
- Building Automation
- Factory Automation
- Distributed data acquisition
Performance Test: Transfer 8 bytes data frame from CAN to RS232
|CAN setting||Transfer frames||Transfer time(ms)||RS-232 setting||Receive frames||Receive time (ms)||The max frames/sec||Data<8 byes/frme||RS232 command length|
|2.0A 1Mbps||1,000||200||115200,n,8,1||1,000||2954||338||>=338||22 B|
|2.0A 1Mbps||1,000||200||115200,n,7,1||1,000||2775||360||>=360||22 B|
|2.0B 1Mbps||1,000||200||115200,n,8,1||1,000||3580||279||>=279||27 B|
|2.0B 1Mbps||1,000||200||115200,n,7,1||1,000||3337||299||>=299||27 B|
Performance Test: Transfer 8 bytes data frame from RS232 to CAN.
|CAN setting||Transfer frames||Transfer time (ms)||RS-232 setting||Receive frames||Receive time (ms)||The max frames/sec||Data<8 byes/frame||RS232 command length|
|2.0A 1Mbps||1,000,000||2,612,243||115200,n,8,1||1,000,000||2,612,243||382||>=382||22 B|
|2.0A 1Mbps||1,000,000||2,441,130||115200,n,7,1||1,000,000||2,441,130||409||>=409||22 B|
|2.0B 1Mbps||1,000,000||3,142,043||115200,n,8,1||1,000,000||3,142,043||318||>=318||27 B|
|2.0B 1Mbps||1,000,000||3,142,043||115200,n,7,1||1,000,000||2,966,646||337||>=337||27 B|
Reference & Support
|Controller||Multiprocessor inside with 20MHz|
|Connector||9-pin male D-Sub (CAN_L, CAN_SHLD, CAN_H, N/A for others)|
|Baud Rate (bps)||10 k, 20 k, 50 k, 125 kbps|
|Terminator Resistor||1 k for CAN_H and CAN_L|
|Specification||ISO-11898-3, CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B|
|Receive Buffer||1000 data frames|
|COM Connector||9-pin female D-Sub (DCE: TxD, RxD, GND, N/A for others)|
|Baud Rate (bps)||110, 150, 300, 600, 1200, 2400, 4800, 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200 bps|
|Data bit||5, 6, 7, 8|
|Stop bit||1, 2|
|Parity||None, Even, Odd|
|Receive Buffer||900 data frames|
|Round LED||ON LED: Power and Data Flow; ERR LED: Error|
|Protection||Power reverse polarity protection, Over-voltage brown-out protection|
|Power Consumption||1 W|
|Dimensions||118mm x 72mm x 33mm|
|Operation Temp.||-25 ~ 75 C|
|Storage Temp.||-40 ~ 80 C|
|Humidity||5 ~ 95% RH, non-condensing|
Intelligent RS-232 t...
CANbus Isolated Repe...
Small Industrial Enc...
CAN Ethernet Gateway...
24V , 0.2A 4.8W Powe...
24V , 1.7A 40.8W Pow...