The I-2533CS is a local CAN bridge used to establish a connection between two CAN bus systems via single mode fiber optic transmission medium. The I-2533CS series is specially designed for converting the electrical CAN bus signal to fiber optic communication for transmission over single mode fiber optic cables.
The transmission distance limitation of the CAN bus system will not be affected due to different CAN baud rates. The total CAN bus communication distance can be extended over fiber optic cables. Bus errors on one CAN network will not affect the operation of another CAN network. Two CAN networks can communicate with each other by using different CAN baud rates for flexibility.
The I-2533CS is designed for single mode fiber, and can allow to extend the CAN bus to a maximum 30 km. I-2533CS provides the group function, which is a basic message router. Users can decide the CAN message flow between several CAN bus systems. I-2533CS comes with a utility tool for user-defined baud rate and CAN message filter configuration. With two I-2533CS series on two CAN networks with different CAN baud rates, it may be useful to reduce the bus loading of the network which has a low baud rate.
- Control Systems
- Building Automation
- Factory Automation
- Distributed Data Acquisition
- Fiber Type: SC ; Single mode ; 100 Base-FX
- Maximum transmission distance up to 30 km at any CAN baud rate
- NXP TJA1042 CAN transceiver
- 2500 Vrms isolation on the CAN side
- Supports both CAN 2.0A and CAN 2.0B
- Fully compatible with the ISO 11898-2 standard
- Rotary switch for CAN baud rate configuration
- Build-in switch for 120 Ω terminator resistor
- Removable terminal block, Mount easily on DIN-Rail
- Allows user-defined CAN baud rate
- Fiber broken line detection
- Utility tool for CAN message filter configuration
- The CAN port with the same Group ID can communicate with each other