The HRT-227CS device is a HART to Fiber converter designed to further extend the communication distance through fiber optic connection. This device is ideal for having HART devices transmit information across a fiber transmission medium because it converts the HART signals to fiber optic cabling. A HART 250 Ω resistor dip switch adjuster is built-in, as well as features for detecting when a break occurs between fiber connections.
HART modules that are configured with the same Group ID can communicate with one another through fiber networks. Under a star-type topology network layout that works with fiber switches, different HART fiber networks can be easily distinguished.
For the image diagram below:
1. The above HART network 1 uses two HRT-227CS with Group ID=1.
2. The below HART network 2 uses two HRT-227CS with Group ID=2.
3. These two HART networks connected together via HRT-227CS with fiber switch. The HART network 1 and network 2 can communicate simultaneously without any interference.
The HC_Tool utility allows for further configuration of the HRT-227CS which can makes the data processing and networking of HART devices more flexible. Models like I-7567, I-7570, and I-7547 or transmit/receive HART frame for HART communication very quickly and fast (Download HC_Tools Utility).
- Support HART Short/Long frame
- Support HART Burst Mode
- Support point-to-point or multi-drop HART Mode
- Support connecting up to 15 HART slave devices
- Allow two HART Masters
- Provided HC_Tool for module configuration
- Support firmware update via ComPort
- Fiber Type: SC; Single Mode; 100 Base-FX
- Fiber maximum transmission distance up to 30 km
- Adjustable 250Ω loop resistor by dip switch
- Provide Fiber broken line detection
- Provide PWR/Fiber/HART LED
- Built-in Watchdog
- The HART port can communicate with each other with the same Group ID
Reference & Support
|Connector||2-pin screwed terminal block (HART+, HART-)|
Selectable 250Ω loop resistor
|HART Data||Only Digital Data|
|Type||SC Duplex type; Single mode; 100 Base-FX|
|Wave Length (nm)||1310|
|Fiber Cable (μm)||8.3/125, 8.7/125, 9/125 or 10/125|
|Transmission Distance (km)||30 (indicative only)|
|Min./Max. TX Output (dBm)||-15 / -8|
|Max. RX Sensitivity (dBm)||-34|
|Max. RX Overload (dBm)||-5|
|COM 1||RS-232 (TXD / RXD / GND) for configuration (1200, O, 8, 1)|
|Round LED||PWR, FB_Ack, FB_Err, HT_Err, HT_Tx and HT_Rx|
|Power supply||Unregulated +10 ~ +30 VDC|
|Protection||Power reverse polarity protection, Over-voltage brown-out protection|
|Dimensions||33.0 mm x 126 mm x 101 mm (W x L x H)|
|Operating Temperature||-25°C ~ +75°C (-13°F ~ +167°F)|
|Storage Temperature||-30°C ~ +80°C (-22°F ~ +176°F)|
|Humidity||10 to 90% RH, non-condensing|
CAN to Single Mode F...
CAN to Fiber Convert...
Multi-mode, ST Conne...
Unmanaged 4-Port Ind...
USB To HART Protocol...
Modbus TCP to HART G...
Modbus RTU to HART G...