The EtherCAT slave ECAT-2093 is an incremental encoder counter which provides three independent high-speed counter channels. It reads the pulse train generated by an incremental encoder and can be used in positioning feedback applications. Each channel has two counter inputs. The inputs can either be single-ended or differential signals. Three counting modes are supported: clockwise/counterclockwise, pulse/direction and quadrant counting mode. The hardware index latch function allows the latching of encoder position. Low pass filter functions for filtering out electrical noises are provided.
- EtherCAT slave
- Three channels, 32-bit incremental encoder counters
- Encoder counting mode: CW/CCW , Pulse/Direction, A/B Phase
- Maximum counting rate: 4 MHz
- Encoder Input: A, B, Z differential or single-ended signals
- Index latch counter value
- Digital input filter
- Input level: 5V, 12V/24V with internal resistor
- Polarity setting by software for active high or active low encoder input
- A/B/Z signal isolation voltage: 2500V optical isolation
- LED indicators for EtherCAT and encoder status
- 2 x RJ-45 bus interface
- Distance between stations up to 100 m (100BASE-TX)
- Support daisy chain connection
- EtherCAT conformance test tool verified
- Supports Free-Run, SM synchron and Distributed Clock (DC) operation modes
Digital Input Channel
The ECAT-2093 can accept encoder inputs from either differential or single-ended signals.
By default it is set to support differential encoder signals as they are preferred due to their excellent noise immunity. For single-ended encoder connection the ECAT-2093 provides an internal 1k Ohm resistor for each signal input. The internal resistor can be selected via jumper setting.
The ECAT-2093 encoder counter supports three modes:
- Pulse/Direction counting mode
- Clockwise/Counterclockwise mode
- Quadrant counting mode